In an effort to prevent tragedies associated with fires, the Desert Hills Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Team and Duty Engine Companies offers several services to the community:
• Annual fire and safety checks at all commercial occupancies within the district
• Respond to concerns of possible hazards on commercial or residential properties
• Assist with smoke alarm battery replacement in residential homes
• Install and provide smoke alarms in homes through the districts’ smoke alarm
program. (Residents with hearing deficits may be eligible for strobe light smoke alarms funded through the fire departments local association)
• Courtesy safety evaluations of homes
• Recreational Vehicle fire safety and evacuation training.
• Key Box Program- Persons with disabilities or mobility concerns may receive key boxes through the Knox Box Program funded through the Western Arizona Council of Governments (WACOG)
The overall purpose of these services is to educate the public on fire safety guidelines, prevent property loss, injury or even death in the event of a fire.
Persons needing information or assistance can contact the Desert Hills Fire Department at Station 1, 3983 London Bridge Rd, Desert Hills or call 928-764-3333.